II. Commissioners Statement
III. Governing Body
1. Roster Size
2. Starting Lineups
* Starting Positions
* Other Lineup Information
3. Franchise Keepers
4. Rookie Keepers
* Exchanging Draft Picks
* Veto Trades
*FA Auction Bidding
6. Defense / Special Teams Scoring
VIII. Regular Season & Playoff Formats
XI. Powers of the Commissioner
We, the Members of the G.W. Stimeling Memorial Fantasy Football League (“GWSMFFL”), in order to Promote a more perfect game, Disregard domestic tranquility, Scout obscure players in faraway places and unknown origins, Peer endlessly over columns of statistics, Curse inaccurate injury reports, Revel in our genius when players occasionally perform remotely near our projections, hereby establish this Constitution as the Official Rules of Play of the GWSMFFL and effectively end this run on sentence.
II. From the Commissioners:
"The rules set forth in our Constitution are designed to keep possession of this League in the hands of the owners. It is this League’s philosophy that the owners control this League. The Commissioner acts as League arbitrator and official record keeper. The Commissioners act in the best interest of the League and not to one owner’s benefit.”
III. Governing Body
G.W. Stimeling Memorial FFL Commissioner
* Each teams roster will consist of 17 players/team defenses.
* Owners will submit a lineup each week consisting of the following:
o 1 Quarterback
o 2 Runningbacks
o 1 RB/WR Flex
o 2 Wide Recievers
o 1 WR/TE Flex
o 1 Tight End
o 1 Place Kicker
o 1 Defense/Special Team
Other Lineup Information
7 Bench Players with a maximum number of players per position of:
4 Max QBs
8 Max RBs
8 Max WRs
3 Max Tes
3 Max Ks
3 Max Def
Players drafted in the first 3 rounds of a draft can not be kept in the following season. If a player is drafted in a round later than third but then moves into the top 3 the next year because of value increasing due to “Franchise Keepers”, that player is allowed to be kept until the end of keeper tag duration.
Each Owner may select 2 players of a different position as their “Franchise Keepers”. Each player can be kept for a total not surpassing 3 years.
Each year “Franchise Keepers” are valued at two picks from their previous years draft spot.
Any player that went undrafted the previous year, but is being kept, will count as a team’s 3rd to last draft pick
Keepers must be announced one week before the draft.
A player entering his second year of play may be kept by each owner if on his roster the previous season. The player will occupy the pick the owner drafted them going into their Rookie Season. If the owner wants to keep them after this year they must be tagged as that owners “Franchise Keeper”.
“Rookie Keepers” can be kept at the same roster position as a “Franchise Keeper”.
* There is no limit on trades.
* Owners CAN trade prior to the draft, but each team can only have up to two players on their roster before the start of the draft.
* Owners CANNOT exchange their next seasons draft positions for players.
* Owners can start trading as soon as the draft is over until the league mandated trade deadline.
* League Managers ONLY can VETO trades. However, the owners can vote each trade and a majorities vote to veto a trade will cause a League Manager to null the trade.
6.Free Agent Pickups
Free Agent Auction Bidding
Teams will have a $100 budget with which they can make player acquisitions, and all acquisitions will be done in batches every Tuesday and Thursday.
If a team would like to add a player, that team will secretly bid a certain amount. On the next waiver process day, the team with the highest bid will be awarded the player, and the bid will be subtracted from that team's budget.
Free Agent Bidding Minimum
Each owner can bid a minimum of $1 for a desired free agent up to $250, however, you only have $100 for the entire season. Once an owner runs out of his budget, he can no longer acquire free agents.
Free Agent Auction Tiebreaker
The Free Agent Auction tiebreaker is applied when multiple teams submit the same bid for a player. This setting is fixed to 'Reset Each Week to Inverse Order of Standings'.
Every 25 passing yards (PY25) 1
TD Pass (PTD) 4
Interceptions Thrown (INT) -2
2pt Passing Conversion (2PC) 2
Every 10 rushing yards (RY10) 1
TD Rush (RTD) 6
2pt Rushing Conversion (2PR) 2
Every 10 receiving yards (REY10) 1
Each reception (REC) 0.5
TD Reception (RETD) 6
2pt Receiving Conversion (2PRE) 2
Every 25 kickoff return yards (KR25) 1
Every 25 punt return yards (PR25) 1
Kickoff Return TD (KRTD) 6
Punt Return TD (PRTD) 6
Fumble Recovered for TD (FTD) 6
Total Fumbles Lost (FUML) -2
Each PAT Made (PAT) 1
Total FG Missed (FGM) -1
FG Made (0-39 yards) (FG0) 3
FG Made (40-49 yards) (FG40) 4
FG Made (50+ yards) (FG50) 5
6.Team Defense / Special Teams
Each Sack (SK) 1
Interception Return TD (INTTD) 6
Fumble Return TD (FRTD) 6
Kickoff Return TD (KRTD) 6
Punt Return TD (PRTD) 6
Block Punt or FG return for TD 6
Blocked Punt, PAT or FG 2
Each Interception (INT) 2
Each Fumble Recovered (FR) 2
Each Safety (SF) 2
0 points allowed (PA0) 10
1-6 points allowed (PA1) 7
7-13 points allowed (PA7) 4
14-17 points allowed (PA14) 1
22-27 points allowed (PA22) -1
28-34 points allowed (PA28) -4
35-45 points allowed (PA35) -7
46+ points allowed (PA46) -10
VI. The Draft
* The draft will be for 17 rounds.
* The draft order will be the determined by the final standings of the previous year. It will be in reverse order, of the standings as they were after the completion of the previous years playoffs.
* Trading of draft spots must be completed 1/2 hour prior to the start of the draft.
* Failure to pick in a timely manner will result in the next owner behind you to pick. We will then go back to your pick. Failure to pick in a timely manner will also result in obscurity and ridicule from your peers.
* A pick will be deemed "FINAL" when the owner takes his hand off the board after placing the players name.
Each owner will pay an entry fee of $25.00 that is due on Draft Day.
VIII. Schedule and Playoff Format
*12 week Regular Season
*1 Head to Head Matchup per week
*Matchup Tie Breaker is most Bench Points
*4 playoff teams (With chance to win the Stimey)
*Teams finishing 5th through 12th in standing will play in consolation ladder.
*2 weeks per playoff round
*Playoff Seeding Tiebreaker is most Total Points For.
1.The champion of the league will Receive $250 as well as becoming sole possessor of The Stimey with his name engraved on. If the Champion feels so led he can also purchase a HOF jacket with his team patch on to wear during events such as the draft, owners meetings, or just on a Sunday afternoon to rub it in the other owners face that he is a Champion. He is also entitled to own the naming rights of the last place finisher’s team for one year.
2. The runner-up receives payment of $50.
3. The Commissioners hold the right to hold payment to a champion for the better interest of the league. i.e. Trophy
X. Powers of the Commissioners
The Commissioner and Co-Commissioners are sworn to act at all times in the Best Interests of the League and are vested with the following powers:
1. The commissioner may deem necessary to remove inactive owners from the league at the end of the season. The commissioner will not do this unless a team fails to submit a lineup, plays injured players regularly or shows lack of interest in the league.
2. The commissioner has the final power to void any deal he feels is unfair to any of the teams involved in the trade or any of the teams in the league.
3. In cases where the commissioner is trading players, the co-commissioners will have the final power to void out the deal.
4. If a team owner disagrees with the ruling of the commissioner he may appeal the ruling to the co-commissioners
5. The commissioner has the power to change a 'loophole' rule during the season. Any such rule will be changed under the best interest of the league.
The Ratification of the Conventions of 12 Teams, shall be sufficient for the Establishment of this Constitution between the G.W. Stimeling Memorial Fantasy Football League.
Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the League present the Twenty-First Day of August in the Year of our Lord Two Thousand and Eleven.